Today’s article is for small-medium-sized manufacturers whose manual scheduling methods are not doing the job.
Paper-based employee scheduling methods are:
- Slow and tedious
- Unable to quickly adapt to scheduling emergencies
- Prone to inaccuracies
- Not equipped to manage overtime
- Difficult to share with employees
In addition, workers need to go through a supervisor or HR department to obtain schedule, time card, and PTO information and it is cumbersome for associates to submit and obtain shift change approvals.
Imagine if your production equipment was this outdated, ineffective, and inefficient.
These problems impact everyone in the company:
- Owners overpay for labor, which reduces profit margins
- Owners lose money due to high employee turnover
- Owners are in jeopardy of compliance violations
- Company misses production deadlines which threatens client contracts and business reputation
- Employees work more overtime than they want to
- Workers can’t monitor the schedule when they are not at work
- Employees have to go through a manager to request shift changes
- Short-handed shifts force employees on-the-clock to pick up the slack, which, in turn, contributes to employee burnout
- Scheduling managers spend so much time building schedules that they have little time for other essential tasks
- Scheduling managers can’t easily accommodate employee shift requests
Deep-rooted problems that affect every level of the organization require a powerful yet easy-to-implement solution. Workforce Management Suite from Advantage Payroll Services has tools to transform employee scheduling at manufacturing facilities.
Workforce Management Suite incorporates TimeSimplicity which offers simplified scheduling and TimeWorksPlus for integrated time and attendance tracking.
- Design schedules with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Customizable job codes make sure the staff members with the necessary certifications are scheduled
- System automation finds eligible employees to cover open shifts
- Customized system warnings reduce over-staffing and unplanned overtime
- Complete mobile coordination for employees and management
- Employee Self Service empowers staff to manage their time cards, post shift requests, and monitor PTO accruals
- Automatically creates audit-ready records
Workforce Management Suite is the industry-leading customizable scheduling system for manufacturing facilities that run 24/7.
Advantage Payroll Services offers WorkforceHUBÂ, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your managers, employees, and company.
WorkforceHUBÂ includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, and TimeWorks Mobile. We’ve just added onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHUBÂ is developed for busy employers like you who need to streamline scheduling, automate time and attendance tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce labor costs.
How much can you save? Check our Advantage Payroll Services ROI Calculator.
We can get you up and running with Workforce Management Suite in minutes. Contact us today to book a demo.